Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

The ACD Salad- Avocado, Cucumber and Dill

As I mentioned in my recent post, Summer makes me hot for salads! Which is why I'm giving you another cool and crunchy recipe! I first laid taste buds on this amazingness at the St Regis buffet in Kauai last month. It was by far the yummiest dish of the spread and opened my eyes to what dill can really do. The cucumbers make this dish very refreshing and the avocado adds a creaminess that goes nicely with the dill. If you're not a huge fan of dill then this dish isn't for you. But if you ARE into dill, then I can promise you pure enjoyment with this healthy, simple and cooling combination.

I want to mention that the salad tastes best with a homemade vinaigrette but if your rushed on time or feeling lazy, just squirt a lemon on top and drizzle with olive oil s&p. It's still insanely good.


Avocado
Cherry Tomatoes
Cucumber
Red Onion
Fresh Dill
Lemon
Mustard
Red Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Dice the onions finely and place them in vinegar to soak. This softens there intense and harsh flavor. Dice the cucumber, avocado, and halve, or quarter the cherry tomatoes. You want the vegetables to be roughly the same size. Mince the fresh dill. Throw everything into a bowl and squeeze half a lemon on top to keep the avocado from browning. Whip up a vinaigrette by whisking a few teaspoons of vinegar and 1 tsp of mustard together. Continue whisking while you pour a slow stream of olive oil in (about 1/2 cup). Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and be dillighted! (ha ha sorry, I'm a sucker for cheesy jokes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails